Choosing a reliable removal company when moving is essential to creating a seamless transition between houses or work spaces. There is enough stress involved in moving already, so CK Interstate Removals have compiled an article to assist you when choosing a removal company.
Look into what the company provides you. Some include extras in their services which can end up saving you money and time. Some commonly offered services are:
- Supplying removal boxes, tape, bubble wrap and various packing materials
- Furniture protection (covers)
- Special services for valuable or fragile items
- Packing services
- Short term storage
- Interstate removals
- Local removals
- Disassembling furniture and reassembling after move
- Unpacking services
There are a few essential questions you need to ask any removal company before deciding to use their services (especially if you are considering using a smaller and less well known company):
- What level of transit insurance coverage do you offer?
- How long have you been in business and do you have any references?
- Can you tell me how my removal will be carried out? Time, crew size, etc.
- What vehicles do you use and why?
- How do you ensure my items are safe and not damaged upon arrival?
By asking these questions as well as receiving a quote from a few companies you will have a good idea on which one best suits your removal requirements. Another important factor is ensuring the company is available for your moving dates and can deliver to your new location.
Use common sense and your instincts to judge a company’s reliability and work ethic. Don’t just judge a company by cost, you could be paying the least but receiving the worst service with no coverage for your belongings at all. Do some research, look at reviews online and ask friends for referrals to removal companies they have enjoyed using.